Tuesday, January 15, 2008

librarians

i got a library card today!! now, i have a request for the several people i know that are studying to become future librarians: please don't treat your library customers like they are idiots whose only purpose is to ruin your life.

i was treated this way today by the woman sitting behind the information desk. silly me, i thought the information desk was where you went to get information, not a bad attitude from someone who could barely bother to look away from the computer screen.

but anyway, i am really excited to have a library card. screw netflix, free dvd rentals, here i come!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay library cards!

Heather Pena said...

We can say this for any profession. For example, my barista was grumpy and rude this morning. I threw my coffee at him.

..anyways...

My point is, I'm in library school and work in a library. It's hard sometimes to keep the mood even. So many expections for librarians these days. Next time, just throw your book at the ruthless librarian.

That should work!